|Power Consumption||1-2 kW|
|Usage/Application||Industrial / Laboratory / Research|
We manufacture lab-scale benchtop biodiesel manufacturing units.
Biodiesel is an eco-friendly, alternative diesel fuel prepared from renewable resources such as vegetable oils & animal fats. These natural oils & fats are made up of triglycerides, which, when reacted chemically with lower alcohols in the presence of a catalyst, result in fatty acid esters. These esters show a striking similarity to petroleum derived diesel & are called biodiesel.
Edible oils such as soyabean & sunflower oils, as well as non-edible oils such as jatropha, karanjia & rice-bran oil can be used to produce biodiesel.
Advantages of biodiesel over conventional petroleum diesel are as follows :-
1. Higher cetane rating, hence less knocking
2. Better lubricity
3. Environmental benefits due to cleaner burning
4. Made from renewable sources; can be prepared locally
5. Non-edible oil plants grow on wasteland (arid & semi-arid region) & require almost no post-plantation management & care
6. More economical than petroleum diesel
The lab-scale biodiesel production unit consists of equipments for the following steps :-
1. Conversion of vegetable oil to biodiesel
2. Separation & washing of biodiesel produced
They are used in colleges/institutes for demonstration to students & for practicals in fermentation technology. They find application in research laboratories for the purpose of process development & scale-up.Salient features of our product are as follows :-
1. Adequate safety features incorporated
2. Dry washing & filtration system, which significantly reduces overall biodiesel production time & cost
3. Low saponification of oil
4. Suitable for continuous, heterogeneous catalytic reaction, using solid catalyst
5. Available in 3 sizes – 5, 10 & 15 litres
6. Suitable for batch & continuous modes
7. User friendly; easy to operate, clean, & store
8. Design suitable for facilitating scale-up to commercial levels
- Item Code: BBU
- Production Capacity: 3 litres per batch
- Delivery Time: 4 weeks
- Packaging Details: Export quality packaging in wooden boxes.